Sunday, April 17, 2011

Nature Walk

I really enjoyed the nature walk we did the past week on Friday. Although I initially thought of it as a way to have class cancelled, I ended up actually taking a walk off the sidewalk. I thought about something other than weekend plans or texting people on my phone. I realize how much of the time I spent wasting the alone walks from building to building here on campus. I find it natural to either reach for a phone, or simply walk briskly from place to place.
This time I actually slowed down to enjoy the scenery. Although there weren't any life changing thoughts on that walk, I now have been attempting to look around more while on campus. I am really glad for that time these past two weeks I made an effort to enjoy the outdoor sunshine while getting lost in thoughts, not texts. (Especially with this drastic change to April snow).

1 comment: