Monday, September 20, 2010

Learning to Love the Hill

Learning to Love the Hill
by Katie Ulvestad and Marissa Recht

because of the friendly greetings

because of the snow topped hill
because the lakes freeze over in the dead of winter
because of the leaves scream fall

because I say we, not they
because I home is now the Midwest
because bikes replace my mode of transport
because I have delighted in the Caf foods
and Malt-o-Meal smells are a part of every day

because I have left my high school ways
and college takes up with great pace

because I would never walk barefoot in the shower
because I belong in St. Olaf’s biggest class

because I left my mountains far behind
because I left granola country for Ole country

because I am St Olaf 2014
because it is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment