Thursday, May 12, 2011

Week one to now

Now that we have reached the final week of our freshman experience at St. Olaf, I have begun to reflect on the year as a whole. It seems like ages ago that we were here going through the week one activities. I can remember thinking that it was absurd that I was meeting all the people I did during that first week. I didn’t feel as though it would be possible to remember all the names and people I was being introduced to by the minute. Once that week was over, and the other returning students arrived, it felt even crazier to think that I could get to know the St. Olaf community as well as they did. The fact that they were arriving on campus and screaming every time they ran into someone seemed pretty neat. At this point I still hardly recognized many people beyond my roommate.

Now, after this final weekend I realize now what it will feel like next fall. I can look around campus and see people I know everywhere. It feels pretty neat to think that next year I can be one of those crazy upperclassmen returning on campus overwhelmed by all the people around again. This just helps to reinforce the idea that a small school was actually the right choice for me. Although I am excited about the summer I look forward to my return already. Freshman year flew by!  

1 comment: